My hometown ! Ipoh, perak ^__^

By Gillian Yoong ♥ - Wednesday, January 01, 2014

HIIIII I'M BACKKK !!!! :D Gonna be blogging about Ipoh since I'm from Ipoh and I wanna show you how it's like. ^__^


So basically, I went back to Ipoh (Malaysia), on a holiday as usual. Since i'm from there, so going back there every single year is like a standard routine every Chinese New Year and Christmas. So this time round, I went back for 10 days and it was pretty much boring. Boring on the fact that, 1) Internet sucks like hell. 2) Couldn't go out because it was dangerous outside and I needed someone to drive me out. 3) Eat, sleep, watch show, whatsapp EVERY SINGLE DAY. Super mega no life at all. 4) Lots of mosquito bites. 5) The whole time spent there was practically boring AS USUALLLL ~ 

To be honest, when I was younger, I was always desperately wanting to return back to Ipoh. I thought that Ipoh was the best place I could be, and it was much more fun than Singapore. But as I grew older, going back to Ipoh wasn't as exciting as it used to be. I really don't know why too, probably because now I'm all matured, things weren't as joyful and fun as it used to be? The only thing I look forward when I return now is only the food there hahahah ! I CROSS MY HEART AND SWEAR IPOH HAS REALLY GOOD FOODS AND THEY ARE REALLY DELICIOUSSSS ! *Drooling* Ipoh is famous for their dim sum, hor fun, chee cheong fun, char kway teow, wonton, etc as well as their ice milo ! (I mean serious, maybe because I've never been to many countries before but I honestly think that Ipoh has the best ice milo in the world no joke ! XD) 

I've been like drinking milo every single day in Ipoh and I'm like totally not bored of it because like I said, the ice milo they handmade themselves are really awesome and it tastes just sooo heavenly *heart-shape eyes + drooling face* HAHAH ! Just some of Ipoh's ice milos I drank hahahah yes i'm mad over Ipoh's milo. :p

I'm not being exaggerating. You've got to try it yourself really, because I feel that Singapore's ice milos usually cannot make it no offence. I mean seriously, the condense milk always put so much, you might as well just give me drink the condense milk itself, add ice can already LOL ! Okie enough of these milo frenzies HAHAHAH ! 

It's the same every year when I go back. All the same old routines and my super-mega-no-life-days back there. Took a lot of pictures so I'm just gonna show you what I normally do back there SINCE NO ONE WOULD LOVE TO READ A BLOGPOST FILLED WITH JUST WORDS RIGHT ! ALL JUST SEE PHOTOS NIA STANDARD ONE LOR. T^T Hahahah !!! 

Okie, so let's start with the food first cuz food is amazing <3 !!!

Dim sum !!! ^^
Dim sum !
Chee cheong fun !!!
 Hi hi you must have been wondering what the heck is that below right?! It's a fruit and nope it's not jackfruit ! It's called Cempedak. It's like a smaller and juicier version of jackfruit and this fruit has always been my most favourite fruit. It's a seasonal fruit and Singapore hardly sells it. It smells and tastes sooo heavenly i swear (to people who dislike durians, you'd probably hate this fruit too hahah ! :p) It may look ugly on the outside, as well as the inside, BUT it is really delicious okie ! Never judge a book by it's cover yo !!!! 
The inside !
Satay !!!
 This is roti prata as obvious as you can see, but it's not called roti prata in Ipoh. It's called roti canai ! See they very kind will help me cut my prata into pieces one hahahah !!!

Moving on to houses !!!
You don't often see flats like how we do in Singapore because Malaysia has plenty of lands and all you often see, are bungalows or semi-detached houses.

-This is how the surroundings where I'm staying looks like ! Looks like i'm staying in a kampong right, but no i'm not !-



Where the dogs stay. Super mega fierce dogs !!!!

Tesco is basically a mall, just like vivo city, paragon, Ion, etc.

Moving on to what I did during Christmas !!!

During Christmas, woke up really early to attend a church service, then later at night, I attended a dinner celebration, held by the church ! THE END XD ! 

-Ipoh Chinese Methodist Church-

-The entire service's schedule-


DINNERRRRRRR !!! ~


 -My cousin, using my samsung tab to camwhore. HAHAH SUCKERRRR LIKE PEDO ONLY XD !-

Performances held by the church people :-) !





-Cousin performing woooohooooo *clap hands* !!!-

 -Dishes !-


My cousin's cousin !!! I swear he's goddamn adorable !!!! <3


 Hais facepalm ! Cousin just too..... I guess we have the same genes HEHEH >:D !
 -Took a picture with both my cousin's cousins cuz they are just too adorable !!! <3-
 





-My family and I !!!! Without my dad cuz he wasn't there AND YES, NONE OF US LOOKS ALIKE-
 -Food food food-



Entire families togetherrrrrrrr hohoho ! I swear majority of the people's faces here damn fierce and serious can !!! Except for me and my cousin HAHAH !
 My christmas presents ! Thankfulgirl98 !!! ^__~

Last but not least, MY CAMWHORE PHOTOS WAHAHAHAH !!! >:D


So yup ! That's all for this blogpost ! Thank you so much or reading !!! <3 Belated Merry Christmas to you guys and have a Happy new year ! :D 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments