Dream

By Gillian Yoong ♥ - Sunday, January 19, 2014

I'm taking my O levels this year, and I swear it's stressing me out so badly, I feel like I'm gonna grow white hair soon. Yeah, many people have been telling me to chill and relax, but how can I do that when it concerns my future? I don't want to waste my time retaking my O levels or go into a course that isn't what I really want if I ever flunk it. (Touch wood, metal, plastic, rubber, choi choi choi LOL)

If some of you didn't know, I want to be a pâtissier (pastry chef), and I have been dreaming to become one since I was 11. By the way, what I want to do in future is not those kinds of Bread talk or whatsoever $1-$2 kinds of bread shop you come across please ah I please you first haha ! It's those kinds of shops like Canele or Ladurée or any kind of shops where they sell high-class, super chio, sophisticated looking confectioneries. For example:



Look damn sophisticated, beautiful and delicious right !!! Omg *heart-shape eyes + drooling face*
This fiery passion I have since 11, has never once died, up till now. 
When I was still in primary school, I wanted to be a lawyer. Why? Cuz can earn a lot of money mah! (The typical Singaporean mindset) Hahaha !! 
When I was young, my parents would be like, "ah girl ah, must study hard and earn a lot of money, be either a doctor or a lawyer then next time can stay in a big big house mah". I think most of you out there can relate to this right !??!! When we were young, teachers will be like, "what's your ambition?" and we all will be saying things like we want to become a doctor, lawyer, teacher, actress so on and so forth. RIGHT ?! HAHAHA! All that kind of common, typical kind of job where it's ideal and recognized in Singapore.

But of course, they are not what I really want to be or what I want to do in future duh. They are merely recognizable in our society and that's why we automatically have them implemented in our minds while we are still young and naive. 

Okie, so why I want to become a pastry chef was mainly because that's the only thing I'm interested in. When I was 11, I was searching for animes to watch (I love watching animes, so hi-5 to any of you out there who loves animes too !!!! :D), and I came across this anime called, "Yumeiro Pâtissière". 


The anime Yumeiro Pâtissière ! First season on the left, second season on the right! This anime is damn awesome I swear !!!! <3 Got romance also heheheheh :p 
I started watching it and I became super obsessed with the show. That was how I found my passion and interest hahahah ! I really really really loveeeeeee baking, a lot! Even the words, "a lot" is an understatement.

Okie back to the point! So now, I'm striving to achieve the desired occupation I want to do in the future. I've decided to go to Temasek Polytechnic's "Baking and culinary science" course. Actually, that course has only just a partial part of what I really want, and not what I really want entirely. I hate science, and science is my number 1 top hated subject LOL! The course I really want is called, "Pastry and baking", but Singapore only offers them in ITE (Institute of Technical Education), Shatec institute and Sunrice academy. Unfortunately, these schools are not really meant for me because I want to go to a polytechnic. 

I totally agree with this sentence I heard, "Singapore barely has any room for any alternate successful career path, other than the ideal career that everyone has in mind." It's like every Junior colleges or Polytechnics you go, it's all either business or science. It's really pathetic, no offense honestly.

Time to bomb you guys with delicious-looking pastries wahahahahah :p
*HEART-SHAPE EYES + DROOLING FACE* MUAHAHAHAH !!! 
Hi babies, I'm coming for y'all *pedo face*
Macaroons !!!! <3
So sophisticated-looking !!! Super mega high-skilled steady. I really wanna try making all these pastries so badly !!! 
Oh yes, and I would also like to go to Paris and take a look at their pastries and confectioneries, since French pastries are recognized all over the world !!!!!! <3 The pastries above are all french pastries as well. Those well-known pastry shops in Singapore like Canele or Ladurée are all originated from France too ! Cool isn't it? I wish I had the opportunity to study pastry and baking there.... 

Furthermore, if what you want to be is none of the above in Singapore's "ideal career path", you'll have to find alternative ways like going overseas or study in a private school, and that's where you have to be rich or financially supported. -Sigh-

So that's why, I can only choose this "Baking and Culinary science" course where it includes the subject I hate most, science. So if I ever get into this course, i'd have to travel from the west, all the way to the east everyday, even when it's not the course I really want. But after all, i'd have to be thankful since there's at least a small part of the desired course I want in out of all the Polytechnics. 

L1R4 for this course is 16 points in the year 2014. Hopefully I'll be capable enough to achieve this score. *Pray heaven and earth* Hahahah ! 

So I can't afford to relax, chill and continue to dream dream dream dreammmm ~ I need you so, that I could die I love you so, and that is why, whenever I want you all I have to do, is dreammmm~  Dream, dream, dream, dreammm ~~ (All I have to do is dream - The everly brothers) <<< Ancient song hahahah ! I know i damn lame lah ! But Gillian not lame, not called gillian already HEHEH ! :p

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments