O levels tips/experiences/results

By Gillian Yoong ♥ - Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Hi guys! The reason why I'm writing this post is that during my O levels period, I haven't had a single motivation that could keep me going. I was constantly worried and felt extremely paranoid and apprehensive. The feeling sucks like hell honestly. I have always wished that someone out there was kind enough to share about their O-level experiences online but there were none sadly.

That is why if I can help even the slightest bit, I would really love to and I really hope my blog post here would serve as a motivation and an encouragement to people who have not taken their O levels yet.

Disclaimer: I personally think that this blog post isn't really gonna help anyone who is aiming to go to a JC because my O level results suck to whoever is aiming to go to a JC LOL, but if you want to find some additional comfort or encouragement, you can continue reading la.
I didn't score exactly very well, just average in my most humble opinion.

Lastly, to any of you guys reading and are feeling the same way as I did, just know that you're not alone. Trust me, once you have read my post you will see yourself in another light HAHA! 

LETS START SHALL WE?!

Ps. Need to start off with my pride and glory. XD The course I worked hard since Secondary 1 to get into, I managed to get it!!!!!!! 

This was what I had pasted on my bedroom wall at the very start of my sec 4 life. (Ignore my ugly handwriting btw hahahah!) They were basically my aims.

Initially, I wanted to take "Baking & Culinary Science", but I changed my mind and decided to aim for "Culinary & Catering management" course instead because I want to own a cafe in the future and this course is the most suitable one even though the "baking" in the course isn't very wide.

To add on, the cut-off point during my time for this Culinary course is L1R4: 16 points. Which meant that I had to aim for an L1R4 score of less than 16 points to get into this course.

Before
Before I took my O levels, I haven't had a single clue of how it felt like, and I was constantly afraid and nervous because this was my very first major exam (excluding PSLE duh, like who cares about PSLE man hahah!) No one has ever assured me that I'd be able to do well for my O levels, given my current and all-time results.

It's like whenever I ask someone who has done well for their O levels, they're either 24/7 smart or smart for their O levels year. Unfortunately for me, I'm 24/7 dumb and bimbotic lol, and during my O level year, my results were constantly like shit. When I say it's shit, it.is.shit. I don't go around blowing my trumpet or act one humble and say my results are shit when it's pretty decent haha. 

No one knew how I felt, and there were no living examples for me that I could find the motivation to do well in. This is the main reason why I'd want to craft this post so that if there's anyone in the same boat as I was, they can finally find some sort of motivation to persevere and be hopeful.

*IMPORTANT*
If you ever feel down, lost, despondent, insecure, etc I can assure you the 7 things that I list below about myself will make you feel better about yourself HAHA! I wish we could bet in real life like a cup of Starbucks or something. Trust me, those who know me gave in to me.

1) I have already aimed for a baking course ever since I was 11, and am really determined to get into Temasek Polytechnic. This means that I cannot suka suka just choose whatever available course I am eligible for based on my O level results. I HAVE to work hard and make sure I score below the cut off point for the course I want.

2) I didn't take higher mother tongue. This means that I have 1 less alternative to minus my cut off point.

3) Ever since I started sec 3, I have NEVER attained a single distinction for any of the 7 subject combinations I took. (And sadly not even for O levels. This must be fate. I'm probably destined to not attain a single distinction at all in my life sigh life is tough) 

4) I did not apply for DPA at all, which means that I'll have to solely and purely use my raw marks to get into my desired course.

5) I am from a neighbourhood school, Hillgrove secondary school, and I believe most of you guys have not heard of this school LOL! Furthermore, I scored an aggregate point of 200 for PSLE HAHAH and I'd have to compete with schools that have a min PSLE requirement of 240 and above for express stream ZZZZZ wah I kenut sia all the high IQs.

6) Compared to most courses where intake is about 100 plus, the course I am aiming for only takes in 55 people. :):):)))))))))) Stress level increase x100.

7) I think after reading this, a lot of you guys will be like "okie I shall not complain anymore, this gurl is beyond salvation".

I got a D7 for my CCA. YES, I FAILED MY DAMN CCA YO. This means that the only saving grace that I had is G O N E. I have 0 alternatives to save me or help minus my cut off point now. :D This also means that I'd have to solely and purely rely on my own "low" IQ to get into my desired course. Even if I didn't score well for O levels and I didn't apply for DPA, if I did well for my CCA I still can appeal and use my CCA to save me sia, but NOPE. 0 hope for me liaoz.
(I think most of you might have found some new hope in yourself after reading all of these and I sincerely hope that you do hahahah!) 

So let's talk about my results from sec 1 all the way till sec 4. I'm just gonna openly show you my results to show you guys how shitty my results were and cuz it doesn't really matter to me hahahah!

Sec 1
My first exam in Secondary school and I failed my science so terribly already. God has already shown me a sign from the start :')
CA2, and my science is still the worst. This must be fate. I am destined to score like shit for science and my first year of secondary school has already shown me my fate from the very beginning. (You will know why as you read on)
End of year examinations and my science............... BOOHOOHOOHOOHOOOOOO 
Sec 2
Mid-year examinations and still failing science zzzz.
P.s. Take a look at my class position. 21/40.
Proceeding on with my sec 2 CA2 results. It's like my results quite swee swee one all Bs sia then my science just had to ruin my beautiful streak of Bs. -____- 2nd last in class for Science some more HAHAH! 
End of year examinations guys. As you all know secondary 3 is the year where you'd be streamed into different classes judging by your sec 2's results. I had an aim, I didn't want to get into the last express class and I didn't want my science teacher to keep belittling me so thus, I told myself to start studying only for my science. 

I swear to God my science teacher aka Mr Lai, he hor keep picking on me non-stop one like I can kena punished to stand in his class every single lesson every week 7 times in a row (yah I went to count & I will never forget) ok I think he should have awarded me the most out"standing" student award HAHAHA! I still remember he said something like, "You are already in the worst science class, failing science so badly and also the 2nd last in class (at least I am not the last LOL :p), you still want to continue talking in my class?"

Wah that's it I told myself I will prove this Mr Lai wrong cuz he freaking humiliated me in front of the whole class even when I barely did anything to disrupt his class.

So lo and behold, a miracle happened. 

I GOT 65/100 FOR MY SCIENCE EOY (END OF YEAR) EXAMS, A B3 FOR MY SCIENCE GUYS WEEEEEE!!!!!!! XD

From a pathetic measly 28/100 F9 to a whopping 65/100 B3!!! 
I was also the 1st in my science class too from being the 2nd last in class LOL and my science teacher even rewarded me with a chocolate HEHEH, but thanks to the combining of results, I got a 51 in the end. 
-_____-'''

And yes, I didn't get into the last express class too!!! XD
P.s. Take a look at my class position again. 21/40 again. -___-'''


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mini secondary school science story

As all of you may know, my science suck balls so I was placed in the last banded class. 
My science teacher, Mr Lai, did not like me and my friends at all, simply because we always talked back to him and defied his orders.

He often told me:
"If you don't want to listen in my class, then you get out of my class"
"You better stop talking otherwise you stand up"
"You are already the last in class and you still want to talk"
"Gillian and Breelyn, get out of my class"
"Blahblahblah, otherwise I will tell the DM"

Forever using the DM (Discipline master) to threaten one. 

I also remember being sent out of the class umpteen times with my friends and we will just casually stroll out of the class and read magazines outside.

My friends and I will never fail to join our tables together each time we enter the class, and Mr Lai will ask us to separate our tables. When we refuse, there goes his "I will tell the DM."

I also remember Mr Lai complaining to the DM and once after recess was over, we gathered at the parade square and our DM spoke through the damn microphone, "Gillian, Ashlyn, and Breelyn, please come out and see me now." Most embarrassing moment ever when the entire school is watching you getting out of your seat and walking towards the DM.... :')

Still remember that smirk on Mr Lai's face when he announced that I was the first in class for Science during End of Year Exams instead of this China guy who was always the first, and everyone was like giving the WTF face HAHAH! 

HAHA! If only I could go back to those nostalgic days.....
Secondary school days will always be the best time of my life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sec 3
CA1. My worst class position throughout my secondary school life. And yah, I acted smart and took music cuz I took music outside before and I honestly thought it would be manageable.

Unfortunately, I was utterly wrong. If your theory isn't higher than a grade 5, DON'T TAKE LOL! My theory stopped at grade 8 I also cannot tank. You know what's the funny thing about my music's results? Nope, it's not about that F9, it's about how I even referenced from my notes and still got an F9. #utterlyhopeless 

Actually, when I took the music test, I didn't know it was a test sia cuz I didn't go for class then I came the following week they ask me to do so I anyhow do end up it's my CA1........ 

I failed Science again flawlessly LOLOLOL!!!! And my class position, 21/40 AGAIN. LAST WARNING SIA I SWEAR. Have you guys realised my class position ranged from 20-22 like about 5 times?! Damn depressing I tell you like forever stuck there sia cannot go up.

Sec 4
The first exam of the year and I've gotten 2 E8s. Win alr lor my O level year some more. Can you feel that traumatising feeling I had?

MYE and still failing my science.... I swear I already got extremely scared because I only had one more chance (prelims) before I go to war. L1R4 also like shit, only can go nursing I think LOL.

You must be wondering like wow I must have been quite smart during prelims to reach a class position of 9/40. Let me prove you wrong, totally NOT AT ALL. My score was |L1R4: 19| & |L1R5: 24| LOL! So you can actually see or feel how demoralised I must have felt especially considering that it was my prelims, my final exam before I take my O levels.

Despite me studying so hard (yes, I really tried my best to study hard and did my prelims like it was my O levels), and yet I still scored like shit. 

The only good thing on my report slip was that my class position was the best so far ever since I stepped into Sec sch LOL! 

P.s. My results actually look quite nice one but my CCA grade just had to ruin it all. Screw CCA pffft.
So as you can see, my results were constantly like shit. The worst thing is, I DID study.
In addition, since sec 1 to sec 4, my class position has always been 20+/40. My best class position was 9/40 (during sec 4 prelims) My worst class position was 33/40.

I felt extremely hopeless and dejected. I studied so damn hard throughout the entire year and my results continued to stay stagnant, literally not much of an improvement at all. Even though there were slight improvements, it was still not enough for me to enter my desired course. I swear I studied like hell, but it felt like no matter how much I study, it's never enough and this feeling just sucks so much. I just wished for it to end, because it felt like an eternity. And well, to be honest, I spent half of that year playing and going out. I took my O level year very lightly, thus it's also my fault.

And have you guys realised that not only do I suck so badly in science, likewise my maths too. If you noticed, throughout my sec school life, my maths is either a fail or a C. I've only gotten a B4 once during sec 2 CA2 and it was my best maths results hahah! 

Nevermind leh, I believe most of you should know how hard it is to get a distinction for English and maths due to the annoying bell curve and geniuses around right????? NEVERMIND LEH, fail English or maths really GG.COM NO JOKE, you won't even be able to get into any legit courses. It's like the end LOL!

After seeing my prelim results and knowing how much I sucked in science and maths,

CAN YOU FULLY FEEL ME NOW?!?!?!?!? T.T

I had to cram everything that I've learned throughout my entire secondary school life a month before O levels (cuz that's when I started to study LOL) and I must say that it was pure torture. I was even on the brink of tears and the verge of giving up.

So during the month of October, I went to a nearby Mac near my house every single day and stayed there for an average of 7-12 hours studying. #fierce #chiongster1998 HAHAHAH!

Finally, that fateful day arrived when I started my O levels officially. (Officially because before that you'd have already taken your Mother tongue O level paper which is the first paper, followed by your English Oral & listening comprehension)

And honestly speaking, it felt normal, just like your normal school exams. The only difference is that it has more tension to it since knowing the fact that you have only one chance and if you screw it up, ggwp (good game well played) only.

AFTER
Let's just cut to the chase and I'll just show you my O level results. Before that, do you remember the first picture I posted on this blog? My aims. So...... *drums roll please*

HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD I GOT STRAIGHT B3s and 1 FRIGGIN C5 LOL! XD AND EH WAH MY CHINESE ORAL DISTINCTION SIA HOLY MIRACLE OF GOD.

I attained an L1R4 of 15 points weeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT MY B3 MUST MAINTAIN UH HAHAH!!! But anyway, it was exactly what I had aimed from the very beginning!!!!!! Thank God I swear!!!!!! 

I was extremely flabbergasted with both happiness and sadness. 

Happiness: My maths and science got a B3 sia omg holy!!! MY SCIENCE GUYS, THE ONE SUBJECT THAT I'VE ALWAYS FAILED SO BADLY LOLOLOL B3 SIA THIS IS A MIRACLE YOZXC123!!!!!!!! AND MY MATHS FOREVER C CAN GET B3 HOLY HAHAHAH!

Sadness: I didn't attain a single distinction. T^T And my combined humanities had to ruin my pretty results hahahah!

P.s. It may not be good to you, but it's good to me judging from my past academic results okay! 

I'm pretty sure I'm destined to not attain a single distinction right after I start Secondary 3 I swear. Life is tough. I had extremely high hopes of getting a distinction for my POA & FNN but then screw the bell curve. Unfortunately for me, the bell curve was pretty high that year because the papers that year were really easy. Don't believe me, just take a look at the TYS (ten-year series) can already. Subjects especially E maths, Chemistry, and POA.

Well, it's okay, because I'm really satisfied with my results! ^__~ Even my form teachers were like telling me, "we were quite surprised" 
ANNOYING.

To add on with my joy, I even got an Edusave award for good progress!!!! XD
This just shows how much my teachers were amazed by me man you know my conduct in school is forever just "good" HAHA! 

Really praise the lord. Thank you so much for all these blessings. This year has got to be the greatest year of my life. 

Tips

- Do NOT be complacent. Even if you've passed your DPA/DSA or scored a distinction for your MT or CCA, DON'T EVER BE COMPLACENT. That's the worst thing you can ever do. Don't think that just because you passed your DPA/DSA, you've secured a place in poly or JC and you just have to score not as high as the others, means it's easy and you can simply not take your studies as seriously as you did before. Don't be an idiot and act all confident and complacent seriously. I'm saying this right now because I have a very good friend who was in this situation. And yes, she failed very badly and could only go to ITE despite passing her DPA. You know how depressing it is to see a good friend failing so miserably and you just can't do anything about it? Like fuck it man I should have forced her to study with me or just study legibly. So yeah, take my advice, continue to study and work hard even so like please.

- Have an aim in life. I have a lot of friends that don't know what they wanna do in life and they're just like, "don't know leh see my results first then choose". Like seriously, if you're gonna think that way then I think it'll be hard for you to work hard in your studies because you won't know what you're trying hard for.

(Below are tips just in my own opinion and only for the subject combinations I took of course hahahah!)

1) English
Well basically for English, just get your grammar and sentence structuring right and learn a wide range of vocabulary. How? Read. And in my opinion, I feel like you can't literally study languages because to me, if you know, means you know. It's something that should always be at the back of your head? Idk man, but I've heard people saying they read Harry Potter books to improve their English. Maybe you can try that HAHA! I ain't the best in English, but I'm not too shabby I believe...... Btw, I actually aimed for a distinction in English sia, But after doing my grammar editing, compo, and paper 2, I told myself, "I'll thank the lord and heavens if I can attain a B4" LOL! 

You know why??? 
Grammar editing, I got 5/10. The fact that I got full marks for my prelims and then 5/10 for O levels just made my self-esteem go down rapidly. 

Compo, if I remembered correctly, the question I chose was, "Describe a date with your family and why was it memorable?" Something like that. I only knew that I had to use tons of vocabulary in a "describe" question after I was done with my exam cuz that was when my friends told me and I DIDN'T SIA SHIT LOLOLOL! I didn't even describe that much also and it was a cliche kind of story and I'm like aiya sua.

Paper 2 damn difficult no joke. I can't even comprehend the questions lah like wtf sia steady. 
So yeah, me getting a B3 is considered a miracle too I think.

2) Elementary Maths
Just keep practising. Keep doing your ten-year series or other school's maths paper. During that month of torture before my O levels started, I did I think approximately more than 20 school's full maths paper. I redid the ones I did in school and asked for more papers from my friends who were from another class. Hardworking right I know HAHAHAH CHEY! :p (I know you will think this is utterly insane and you will never be this hardworking. But trust me I felt that way too but I still did it hahah!) Btw, if you don't know how to do a particular question, just ask for help. When you get the solutions, make sure you know how to do it even at the back of your mind. For algebra, just memorise and master all the 7 laws of indices.

Well tbvh, I thought I wouldn't do well for maths at all. My Maths has always been weak, the bell curve for Maths has always been extremely high, and I screwed up my Maths paper 2 big time. I knew I lost 31 marks (I vividly remember because they uploaded the answers and I went home to count the marks I've lost. I even cried cuz I felt so devastated, helpless and I literally asked God, "what can I do now?") So yeah, I told myself if I could get a C5, I would be extremely satisfied. But no, I was blessed with a B3. Really thank God for it. :')

3) Chinese/Mandarin
Do your ten-year series or know means know, don't know means don't know. Idk how to study languages tbh. I can't help much in this since it was indeed a miracle I was able to attain a B3 because I honestly felt that I was gonna get a C5. Why? I've never once studied Chinese in my life. I only studied the day before my Chinese O levels. 

I skipped school and went to a nearby library to do my brand new and untouched ten-year series. I spent more than 10 hours in the library doing my TYS and did ALL the MCQs. And you know what? After finishing my O level MT paper, they released the answers for the MCQ, and lo and behold, I got a 2/10.

Amen, I was speechless. I then went to sakae sushi to eat my sorrows away.

Nvm leh, in my compo, I wanted to write a story about how my dad was a gangster, smoked, and had lots of tattoos and I was like, "eh shit what is tattoo in Chinese ah?" In addition, the compo asked about my FAMILY, but I only wrote about my dad's heroic actions. So yeah screw my compo, I screwed it up big time.

I think how I managed to attain a B3 for my MT was due to my oral and listening comprehension. I got a distinction so I guess that helped me significantly. Actually right, if you know me personally, you'd be extremely surprised that such a person like me could attain a B3 really. Chinese oral DISTINCTION?! REALLY?!

Cuz I can't speak Mandarin very well like the pronunciation always got problem one HAHAH! Furthermore, I don't speak Mandarin at home and aiya my Mandarin seriously like shit one lah end of story hahah!

My friends thought I merely got a pass for my oral but when they saw and realised I got a distinction, they kept saying I bribed the examiners....... 

So yah, this is how bad my spoken Mandarin is not kidding. I also don't know how I can get a distinction for my oral LOL must be talented HAHAHAHAH JKJK! So yup, just speak up for oral okay, you can't speak well also fine one cuz if I can, you confirm can one LAH!!!!!!! XD

4) Science (Combine Physics/Chemistry)
Physics is quite straightforward, just memorise ALL the formulas and apply them can already. But of course don't only memorise, KNOW how to use them. In every question you do with more than 1 mark each, write down the formula. Each correct formula carries 1 mark okie, so it's quite important!!!! My physics paper was a joke. I was smart enough to write down all the formulas in every question but sadly, most of my answers were wrong MEH. But whatever, I still can get 1 mark for every question with more than 1 mark each yoz! >:D

Chemistry is all about memorising. Just read your textbook and practise your TYS can already hahahah! If you can, try to learn how to balance equations and master the mole concept. They will come out every year without fail. 

Well tbh, up till today I can't balance any equation and I still have no clue about what the mole concept is all about. My chemistry paper had like 5 balancing equations and I had 0 correct HAHAH! Worse still, they carry 2 marks each. And all I know about the mole concept is, "Mols = Mass/molar mass" HAHAH! They carry quite a lot of marks and they will 100% come out during your O levels. Thank God for mine, I could choose which question to do and of course, I did not do the Mole question lah like eew no way man please hahahah!

5) Humanities (Combine History/Social studies)
Initially, my humanities subject was actually my best subject. But idk why this time, it became my worst subject hahahah! I think it's cuz I very very very suey (unlucky). 

For my history essay right, I memorised EVERYTHING except the Japan war. End up Japan war came out along with the cold war, but because the cold war specified the years we must answer, I gave up since I didn't memorise the years so I did Japan war instead even though I did not even study a single shit about it. I relied on my sec 3 knowledge LOL and of cuz, I screwed up the essay big time! 
*I only know this after I was done with my exam, my friends told me that their teacher said every year without fail Japan sure will come out, so must study okie!!!!! *不怕一万,只怕万一* which means better safe than sorry. 

For my social studies right, I told myself from the beginning of the year, I will NEVER study a single sentence for Venice cuz I hated that chapter the most. Just no interest and I thought it was extremely complicating lah. I studied healthcare, sri lanka & northern ireland, bonding singapore, iraq & kuwait, and Globalisation. 

End up? HOHOHO NONE OF THEM CAME UP HAHAHAHAH SHIT. VENICE CAME UP THOUGH HA HA HA HA HA LIFE IS GREAT. I did diplomacy and deterrence in the end (I don't even know what I don't know) and I knew I screwed it up flawlessly just like my history essay. 

So me attaining a C5 is considered not bad already cuz I thought attaining a C6 would be more than enough for me. XD

7) POA (Principal of accounts)
Wah my results for this subject have always literally been like a roller coaster. Sometimes good, sometimes like shit one sia HAHAHAH! You know the day before my POA exam, I had the best POA student to teach me, and his aim was to help me get a distinction. But in the midst of teaching me, he was like, "if you can get a B4, I will be very very happy" HAHAHAH DAMN MEAN LOR WAHLAO! 

But really, I had to admit that I was like a total beginner when he was going through everything with me and I felt like I had no hope, just flunk it lah hahahah!

However, POA that year was the easiest subject for me. It was so simple I thought to myself, "bell curve confirm screwed up big time" and I was right. Even the guy who was top in POA, attained a B3 too LOLOLOL OMG SIA I AM STANDING ON THE SAME LEVEL AS THE TOP IN POA HAHAHAHAHAHAH THIS IS TOO FARH NEE LOL! XD

I managed to balance all the questions and I could do every single question (except for some theories lah hahah! :p). I really can't give much of a tip about POA because up till today, I only know how to do but I don't understand. SERIOUS LOL! Just memorise and keep practising. I think the most important topic in POA is final accounts. I love doing final accounts because the feeling of balancing my equations just feels so great.

Imagine having to do the entire final accounts including appropriation account, (Trading, profit and loss account, current account, before doing the finale which is balance sheet) Wah totally death sia, ONE WRONG, ALL WRONG LOL! So yup, just try your best okay!!!!! :-)

So yup that's it!!!!

I really hope my blogpost does serve as a motivation for you!!!! >< You can do it one, just believe in yourself!!! Even if you think you can't make it, there's always DPA/JPSAE/GO TO THE SCHOOL AND INTERVIEW and always remember miracles do exist because there's a bell curve (depends on luck though) and miracles do happen sometimes hahahah! Aiya don't scared, can one. If I can, you also can!!! Just do it once and for all with no regrets! :-)

And lastly................
I GOT INTO THE COURSE I WANTED OMG FINALLY MY HARD WORK HAS BEEN PAID OFF AND I CAN SAVOUR THE ENDING MOMENTS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! XDXDXD
That's why you shouldn't give up!!!!!!! Have an aim in life and work towards it! Nothing is impossible if you work hard for it and have faith in yourself that you can do it! ^__~

If someone like me who comes from a neighbourhood school, has failed her CCA, has no higher mother tongue, didn't DPA, and not academically smart, can achieve what she wanted from the very beginning, I'm pretty sure you can do it too!!!!!!! If you know me personally, I'm sure you'd also be like, "wahlao, if Gillian can, surely the rest, can one lor!" STEADY HAHAHAH! XD

If you need someone there to talk to, confide in or have any problems, feel free to ask or talk to me okie!!! (except for any sexual questions which I won't bother to entertain ^__^) You can contact me at gillianyhs@gmail.com. I'll try to help you as much as possible, as long as it is within my capabilities!!!! :-)

And yes, do hear this song called, "what faith can do" by lukless! This song motivates me a lot. The lyrics are really powerful and meaningful!!!!
Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes
And make a new beginning

Anyone can feel the ache
You think it's more than you can take
But you're stronger
Stronger than you know

Don't you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling

I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do

It doesn't matter what you've heard
Impossible is not a word
It's just a reason
For someone not to try

Everybody's scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
It'll be alright

Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling

I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do

Overcome the odds
You don't have a chance
(That's what faith can do)
When the world says you can't
It'll tell you that you can

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling

And I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do

That's what faith can do

Even if you fall sometimes
You will have the strength to rise


Have faith in yourself, that is most essential!!!! :-) 

God is really good, and I believe he does wonderful things. I am truly blessed and highly favoured. Really, praise the Lord. All I have right now is all thanks to Him.

I wish all of you the best of luck!!! O(^__~)O *Jiayou, fighting, gambatte!!!!!!*

Signing off,

Gillian :-)


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Fyi schools like RGS, HCI and RV don't take o levels since they are ip schools :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I totally forgot about it since i didn't really pay much attention to that hahah! But thanks for the information anyway, i've corrected my sentence already!!!!!! XD

      Delete
  2. hello gillian, what if i feel that i didn't do very well for english oral? Will i still be able to score well for english since my comprehension quite bad :( I'm so worried

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello babe!!! HMMM well honestly speaking, i also didn't feel like i did well for my english oral too cuz my topic was extremely difficult and i kept repeating myself. Furthermore, i kinda screwed up my compo too! XD
      So i was like whatever just heck care alr, do well for paper 2 cuz that's where it's the most impt! Don't worry, oral may take up a bit of your percentage but not a lot! Pass can alr! ^^ It wouldn't actually affect that much in your grade! (:
      But i have to tell you that you really really need to do well for your paper 2, especially your comprehension! Start revising now cuz comprehension is super mega important ): jiayou okie!!! Good luck! If i can do it, you can too! <3

      Delete
  3. I want to aim for at least a B3 for English but tbh, my best grade throughout my secondary 4 life for English was always a C. I really don't know why i am doing so badly for English but the main reason seems to be probably because of my Paper2. I don't seem to be able to comprehend a passage well :( Would you please advise me on what i should do ;( Thank you! Have a nice day ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you know where the problem lies with now which is your paper 2, I suggest that you should take a look at all the paper 2s you have done so far and look at how the correct answers are given!

      Firstly: Do NOT lift any sentences or phrase in your answers. This is the most rudimentary rule in English and I'm pretty sure you know so always remember to answer in your own words!

      Secondly: Personally, I always tend to use common sense, as well as thinking out of the box to answer my questions. And when I answer, I will always explain my own stand.
      For an example: Why did you think xxx ran and hid away after hearing loud footsteps?
      You can't just answer "because xxx knew a dinosaur was coming." (Like how do you know? What makes you think so? EXPLAIN.)
      My answer: xxx knew that a dinosaur was approaching and he would be in great danger if he did not run away or hide. Therefore, he quickly reacted by running away and hide when he heard those loud footsteps.

      Thirdly: Always try to highlight the key points and understand what does the question actually wants. Explain? Describe? Illustrate? If you don't know or don't understand, just try to use common sense or put yourself in the writer's shoes then try to answer.

      Fourthly: Summary is an important component in comprehension as well. For summary, highlight the key points, rephrase it and keep your points as short as possible.
      For example: "A research showed that smoking among teenagers seems to be on the rise lately."
      My answer: Recently, many teenagers are smoking.
      If you still got the time, write your summary in pencil first. That's what I always do because by doing so, I know how many words I've written and I can slowly try to alter my summary. After i'm done finalising, I will then erase everything and rewrite it in pen. This makes my summary look super clean and neat and the markers who are marking it wouldn't be so frustrated you know hahah! (be considerate to your markers yo and that's what my teacher said LOL!)
      By the way, always read the question properly and know what they are asking and which paragraph they are asking for. Many people always don't read the questions properly and simply give points from paragraphs that the question didn't ask for. Like I said, always use your own words and don't lift any sentences of phrases.

      Lastly: Do your super best for editing! It's super important because it makes a huge difference!!! Know your grammar well! I did super badly for my editing so I had to compensate by doing well for my paper 2. ):

      I can't guarantee that my advices would benefit you greatly but these are just my personal advices in doing my paper hahah!

      You're welcome and have a nice day back to you! <3 I sincerely hope you'd be able to score well! All the best! O(^__^)O

      Delete
  4. Hi! I just had my math p2 today and i feel like i did not really well. And after i counted my marks i only scored like 47 and have an overall of c6. Is it possible for me to get a b4 due to the bellcurve?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi so sorry I just saw this! Omg I guess by now you should have received your results!!!! Erm i’m not very sure haha the bellcurve is there to moderate the marks and if a lot of people didn’t score well, chances you’d get a C6 despite getting 47 would still be high, but if a lot of people did well, then it would be another case..... Nonetheless, I hope everything’s been good for you! :)

      Delete
  5. wah, you're so motivating. i'm glad u got what u wanted. thank you for taking ur time to type out so much to share and help others. really appreciate the thought that u have!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much, this means so much to me. I’m glad you appreciate the little thought that I had, and I also appreciate you taking the time to read. 😊 All the best to you in whatever you do! 💖 Cheers x

      Delete
  6. Can anybody tell me what OFR in markscheme means???

    ReplyDelete