An update of my life right now

By Gillian Yoong ♥ - Monday, March 30, 2015

So hi guys i'm back! Haven't been updating this space of mine for a while now due to the little time I have to spare hahah! #busygirl98

Well, I don't really have anything interesting going on in my life so far so i'll just be updating on my life right now. It's probably gonna be a boring post but I just wanna let out all my emotions here.

Before I start, I'd like to say that I just dyed my hair ash green HEHEH! It's a colour I asked the hair stylists there to choose for me and I have to say that I was honestly appalled when I saw the new colour of my hair cuz my first reaction was "omg holy mama i look like a demon sia" hahahah! But I think it's kinda acceptable?!

Tadaaaaa hahahah no edits/filters!!!!
So yup! ^__~

My life is really boring and lifeless now to the extent I can sum it up with just 3 words. Work & eat. So basically all these while, I've been either working or going cafe hopping, that's it. I always use my off days to go cafe hopping since it's my hobby heheheh!

Here are some of the recent cafes I have just been to!

Lady M! My favourite cafe of all time because they are just that extremely good although the price must maintain ah! Average $9 a piece sia wahpiang! 
Strangers reunion! Okok lah I would say hahahah!
I am cafe! Their rainbow crepe (the above picture) is GOOODDDDDD!!!! ^__~ 
W39 bistro and bakery cafe! Not bad, cakes are yummy and the prices are affordable and worth it! ^__^
Boufe boutique cafe! The ambience here is absolutely beautiful and I would highly recommend their desserts cuz they're really deliciousssssss!!!! XD Oh btw, I find this place really hard to locate so I suggest that if you'd like to visit this place, take a cab from redhill instead hahahah! Oh and yes, I suggest not to go at night too because it's really creepy and spooky during the night! :( Best is going in the early afternoon! ^__~
Lynn's cakes and coffee! Yes their cakes are really good, worth trying! ^__~
Ciel patisserie! They have quite a variety of cakes to choose from and their cakes are really delicious and highly-raved! Would recommend this cafe too heheh! XD
Brew maison, one of my favourite cafes as well!!!!!! XD <3 Super mega good place to study and have a peaceful meal. Their interior is extravagantly beautiful, the cafe is exceptionally large, it's always super peaceful and they provide free wifi as well!!! Super love this cafe so much! Oh yeah, you must try their fries with curry sauce okay! I highly recommend that heheheheh! ^__~
NEXT...

I'm currently waiting for poly to start and no words can describe the anticipation and excitement I have for school to start because I've been slacking for the past 4+ months doing the same old routine (work & eat), and I swear it's really pathetic and depressing. I really wish for school to start soon as I'll be able to experience a new school life, make new friends, study in the course I've always dreamt of studying in, so on and so forth. I really kinda miss secondary school now.... hais......

You may be thinking i'm being retarded by complaining about my long 6 months of holiday but let me tell you, it's NOT totally fun at all. Right now all i'm feeling is "sibei mega sian" i swear. Life just sucks to me. It's okay, i'll be starting school soon in less than a month too though hahah! I should like shut up and appreciate my last moments of sweet holidays RIGHT?! Oh yeah hahahah! XD

TO ADD ON....

Something very very very tragic, depressing, heart-breaking, and despondent just happened recently too. You guys should more or less know what it is. Yes, the passing away of our nation's great leader, Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

Till now even though the state funeral has already ended, I still can't swallow up this entire sudden, random and shocking news. I'm literally still in a state of disbelief and denial. It's like I woke up one day to see everyone talking and spreading the news of Mr Lee's death. I was like what on earth, what the shit, what the hell? It was all just too sudden...

My family and I went to queue to pay our respects to Mr Lee too on the 26th March at the parliament house. When I entered the parliament house, I could literally feel the immense sadness, anguish and grief. My mum was crying while my dad just had that stern look like he always had. But when we walked out of the parliament house, I saw my dad reaching out his hand to touch a pole while closing his eyes. That moment impacted me so much because I have never seen my dad cried before, just once when my grandfather passed away 9 years ago.

No words could describe how distressed I felt...

I have never seen or met Mr Lee in my life before but my dad has always told me wonderful and admirable stories about him, making him mine and my dad's idol and hero.

My dad has lived under his generation from the day he became the first prime minister of Singapore, till the day of his death and I know that whatever my dad said about him is true since he himself has experienced it first-hand and the fact that my dad was a Malaysian, has lived in Malaysia before and could tell and compare the distinct differences between Singapore and Malaysia. (If you're a Chinese living in Malaysia, you'll understand fully) My dad respected Mr Lee the most in his entire life.

Without Mr Lee, we wouldn't be able to drink water from our taps, we wouldn't be able to fearlessly stay outside during the night, most of us would wake up without a shelter above our heads, racism would be everywhere, and to just summarise his great deeds, I wouldn't be where I am right now. That's how much of a respectable, upright, humble, righteous and admirable person Mr Lee is. (I'm merely stating facts and not even trying to suck up to him or even worship him if you actually thought that ignorant way. He is that great of a person.)

Yes true, he may have made mistakes, made wrong decisions but thing is, isn't he just human as well? He ain't God for your information lol. We all make mistakes, we aren't created to be perfect. There's no such thing as perfect. No matter what he has done, he still made Singapore into such a successful and prosperous country. Is there anything more to ask for? I honestly think we are just taking too much for granted. When we're given an inch, we ask for a yard and that's why we are infamously known for only knowing how to complain.

Dear Mr Lee, thank you so much for everything. I am so glad to be born in a country raised under your leadership. Thanks to you and your capability, Singapore has become a first world country, a metropolis and the beautiful and remarkable state it is in right now.
I am fortunate enough to be born in a generation where I wouldn't have to worry about all these problems and difficulties which my parents and relatives had to go through, and that's all the more why i'm so thankful and appreciative to be a Singaporean.

Seriously, don't be like an Amos Yee. (Read the article below to find out more)

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/police-report-lodged-over-amos-yee-anti-lee-kuan-yew-video-063152918.html

And here is a wonderful "educational" video of him raving about his own self-righteous, imbecile, ignorant, moronic, doltish and just simply cock up opinions of his own personal mindset towards Lee Kuan Yew.


My personal response: Wah you really bueysai sia steady not scared of death sia wah sibei brave I salute you totally eh, very brave, very courageous, very outspoken, very open-minded, but hor this one too much already sia just diam diam lah hor go study lah wahpiang eh.

Seriously you have so much complains and problems you have towards the system here in Singapore when you can't even settle the problem of your own hair which looks like pubic hair for goodness sake. The fact that you're the same age as me makes me feel utterly aghast and disgusted. You need help bruh but I think no one can help you already, even Jesus can't help you lol.

I have never felt so aggravated for watching a video in my life before I swear. Really feel like shooting him with an AK47 or machine gun zzzzz. Just go be a farmer and plant your crops lah hor jackass. -____-''' Wah cannot I really damn angry!!!! >:(

I saw this comment made at this video on youtube which I fully agree and found it super relevant. It says:

By: musicmakespeace
good points of what, really? we're not that dumb to know that some other countries living expenses/lifestyle are much better than singapore is. I know this because multiple friends of mine experienced it, not google. But do you both know the roots of how people actually go overseas for business/studies and to ensure security safety of our nation? Back then when you both in your fathers ball-sack, Lee kuan yew worked his ass off from 3rd world country to the 1st world country to make our nation recognizable globally thus making other countries (like USA) take note of us.  If we were still stuck in the 3rd world country, do you honestly think other countries will want to invest in part of us? we all will be spoon-fed by other countries big time and be fully dependent on Malaysia... you want us to be Malaysia's bitch? no one in the right mind would want that And he mentioned that what does the government do with all our money and stuff instead of "spending it on us".... well look around, you both cannot be that blind right? LRT, esplanade, marina barrage, hospitals in jurong, buildings in town, upcoming underground train (idk what it is called) etc etc. They are trying to make our country a luxurious place to live in and to make an easy life of transportation. One of the hardest thing to counter here is traffic, so they tried to build in underground railways and stuff to improve our travels. This is no-brainer. And i dont fking get it about his talk on healthcare, the price of healthcare in polyclinics are freaking cheap imo. There's also insurance for health... wtf is he talking about? is he that blind by hatred? Can't afford a simple healthcare, then gtfo .. simple. You both complaint about this stuff... what makes you think other countries are different? Veterans in Singapore assist lee kuan yew during its time to serve a better nation for this current generation and to the future. You both born here (i assume) with already food deliver on a silver platter and yet both of you whine and bitch about it. for what? I just want to live a happy life... i dont feel one bit miserable, if you both feel upset over stuff that shouldn't even worth of getting upset about, it is no wonder both of your life are miserable. nothing can make you guys happy then leave.. simple. Go to Malaysia, both of your problems solved. You guys can whine all you want there

I know this argument is pretty redundant since we are all subjected to our own opinions but aiya I just feel like releasing all my feelings onto this post. Seriously, this has been the most emotional week for me...

What will become of Singapore in future and in time to come?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The Merkur Futur Safety Razor with Polished Chrome Finish
    The Merkur Futur Adjustable titanium engagement rings for her Safety Razor with trekz titanium pairing Polished Chrome Finish. Made in Germany, this is a genuine Merkur razor with trex titanium headphones some features.$109.99 먹튀 · ‎In stock men\'s titanium wedding bands

    ReplyDelete