Semester 3.1 - Internship (March - August 2017)

By Gillian Yoong ♥ - Monday, December 17, 2018

I'm sooooo sorry this is a super belated post lol my internship had ended more than a year ago OMG I reallyyyy don't have the time to update my blogpost anymore HAHAHAHA but I want to because I don't wish to let these memories pass me by. I know I won't forget them, but I want to jot them down and look back someday while smiling to myself and thinking of all the good times.

Here goes!!!!! :)


We were given a long list of companies to choose where we'd want to apply for our internship, and I chose my internship based on its location (nearest to my house lmao) because after all, I just wanted to get over and done with it. During the course of 137 days + 4 days because I extended, I have indeed learned a lot (F&B where will not learn a lot :') ) and I am so glad I met really nice people there. YESSSS I interned at a cafe, doing service mostly. 

My colleagues were the best kind of people I could ever ask for. Thank you for making my journey a bearable one because of your presences. 

I counted down the day before I started my Internship hahaha!
When I first started to learn coffee making!!! 
Hot Mocha I made for Ah Song HAHAHA!
Not many photos cuz I only snapchatted them hahaha but wa, I miss making coffee....
These people are my colleagues during my internship. They were the ones who showered me with heaps of laughter, joy, and happiness. In my internship portfolio conclusion, I wrote that if there was just 1 thing I love about my internship, it would without a doubt be my colleagues. My source of light and motivation whenever I go to work.

On my last day, they were all rushing to close so that we could all go and have supper together, everyone was gonna treat me and it was all entirely just for me. It was my very first supper with them too and we all never really go for suppers after work because we just wanted to go home and sleep haha tired lehz,

While walking to the supper place, Pancy (girl in black at the top left) was like telling me, before me there were a few other interns too but none of them had any supper gathering or treat when they left, and I was the only one and she also said: "cause we all love you". I wanted to just cry on the spot but I just smiled throughout. 


I wanna write all these down so I know that I will never ever forget the kindness and love I was once showered with. Thank you very much, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for loving me and for treating me so nice..... T^T







Eric.


The 1 out of 2 chefs we have, and initially I was quite afraid of him cuz my colleague the Meiling told me he made her cry before. Tbh, he is a very temperamental person (which chef isn't haha) and he was really nice to me throughout. Always cooking my fave meals for me and the chefs here all know what dish I love most on the menu, hua tiao vongole!!!!! ☺️ Every day I like to skip merrily to the kitchen and disturb him, make noises and be like "ERIC~~~ 我很饿~~~ / ERIC~~~ 我要吃 dinner~~~ / Ah 又来抢我的厕所 (ah come snatch toilet with me again) / 每天欺负我 lor 我不要帮你做 matcha latte liao (everyday bully me lor, I don't want to make matcha latte (his fave drink) for you liao" 😂

See his face like some delinquent, but actually, I've never ever heard him utter a single word of vulgarity before, maybe just once when I complained to him about this idiot customer who was quite sarcastic & he told me to say fuck you to him. 😂 


I'll miss all his stupid jokes man and the way he smiles without a teeth cuz a few months back he fell & broke his teeth HAHA!
Ah hao.


The one who gets scolded the most in this entire workplace HAHA! Damn annoying, forever asking me or Meiling if we free so can go over bakery help them wash their things. 🌚 Everyone kinda ship him and Meiling together I don't know why, but I think they quite cute also plus Meiling forever scolding him HAHA! Ok la as u can see he is quite idiotic and annoying also HAHAHA! 
谢了啦 ah hao, it's been a joy knowing you too. ☺️
Ah Song.


The very first person I met and spoke to at work. He was the one who opened the door for me when I first came to work and waited outside because I didn't know what to do. 🙂 
Ah song is literally the stupidest and most retarded joker here and I have never ever seen him angry before like omg he like won't angry one sia??????? 


He loves digimon like I do too like omg?!?! 😍 His ringtone is Butterfly by Wada Kouji HAHAHA!!!!! I still remember there was a time I cried (I forgot what happened) then he saw me crying and came over to pat my head. So nice I xiaotouched :(.... He also always give me eat tons of cakes, fruits, and other miscellaneous stuff, then tell me cuz cut wrong so ask me to help him clear his trash. 🌚
 
The one who would always, always make me laugh like no tomorrow. Oh, and he forever wearing the same shirt one, not green colour means orange or grey. And all of his clothes are from uniqlo one forever standard 8/10 times wear green. I will miss him so much man haha idiot ah song.
Pancy.


My super fave colleague cuz she treats me so damn hella good. She's the 2/2 chef at the cafe here and calls everyone Darling HAHA! Every time my dinner, she will ALWAYS cook something special for me or cook whatever I ask for. Initially, we weren't very close and during a period she had a very serious and bad toothache and I accompanied her to the dentist on my own free will during my off day in the morning. I guess she felt really touched by my actions and from then onward, she treated me so warmly, somewhat like a mum. We'd gossip together, scold people together, and she would always dote on me, always asking me what I want to eat and whatever I ask for, she would do it for me..... ): 

She is an extremely strong individual. She has her own problems in life, relationship problems as well and in short, the guy is a jerk la but she would continue to put up a strong front in front of all of us and continue joking with us. It's so hard to stay strong for so long, and there are at times she would weep and cry outside the cafe. It hurts to see her that way I swear.


After that, her toothache problem arose and she said something that impacted me so badly. She said, "darling u know sometimes I feel so sad like I'm all alone here in this country, nobody to look for and I can't speak good English..."

I knew I had to help, I couldn't just stand there and watch her without doing anything cuz I know my conscience wouldn't allow me to. Being alone or feeling all alone is the last thing I'd ever want anyone to feel.
 
I super love her, and I know that I will miss having such a lovely colleague like her. Thank you for treating me so well and listening to me rant all the time Pancy. I do hope everything gets better for you in time to come. ☺️


Meiling.


The 1 and only colleague I was working with for service.
Even though she pisses me off literally 9/10 times, it's always unintentional and I just can't get angry at her. Is not cannot get angry, is she really will test my patience and anger level until its peak or probably over it until whatever she does, I will just HAIS OKIE CAN IT'S OKIE I'M USED TO THIS. Sometimes the things she does hor, wa I tell you in my head I already strangle her 100 million times sia HAHAHA! Forever breaking things also then always be like "不是故意的啦" (not purposely one la), like for an instance got once she was trying to reach out to get this glass right above me while I was washing the cups, then she damn rough and clumsy as always, end up the glass landed on my head and then dropped on my leg before it broke. Then ya standard "不是故意的啦" and I'll be like 有一天我不被送去医院才怪. (It's gonna be weird if I don't land up in the hospital one day)

BUT ALL IN ALL, she is one of the kindest individuals I've ever known. She's the kind of person I can keep chastising like hell, and still secretly buy me a drink from cheers after that. Secretly because there is this aunty from cheers who would order from us every single day without fail same order some more, and whenever I drop by to deliver her food, she will tell me, "Meiling bought you a drink!!"


The kind of person who would cover my shift for me and work OT so I can take the day off, and buy me food or drinks at times. I guess throughout my entire internship here, the closest person would have to be her already. Every day I would be counting down to the end of my internship and she will always say she doesn't wanna hear blahblah and gets really emotional. Sorry, jiejie needs to go... ): It's a super love-hate relationship man but I enjoyed her cheerful presence. Thanks Meiling even though you will probably never see this haha!

Oh ya, and both of us loves Totoro together HAHA!
Here comes idiot ah hao and his nonsense as always:





Behold the nonsense I always have to deal with.









WEWWW GOT MY CERTIFICATE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!

Thank you for making my intern life bearable. 我好爱你们!!!<3
Even after I go, I hope you guys LEARN TO WASH YOUR CUPS AFTER YOU USE THEM.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments