My 18th birthday! ❤

By Gillian Yoong ♥ - Saturday, March 12, 2016

First blogpost of the year heheheh hello guys!!!! :D
IT'S BEEN SUCH A LONGGGGG TIME. T^T

I'll be sharing with you about my birthday celebration with my love ones and it's gonna be a rather lengthy post so keep reading to find out more about what happened! I'm pretty sure this blogpost would be quite entertaining mostly because of the gifts I had received HAHAH! 

So basically, I went to great lengths just for my own birthday celebration by trying to organise a party for myself at a hotel. You guys might have already known from my birthday instagram post where I wrote a super long caption on a birthday photo of mine.

Yes, I did this celebration at the expense of myself and others. I could hardly afford to book a room myself and yet I still wanted to, because I merely wanted a birthday party just once, for myself. I never had a party before throughout my life and ofcuz, it's not a necessity definitely but I've always yearned for it. I always envy people who have their family organise, celebrate, and even pay for them. 

I thought to myself since it's my official legal birthday, why not make it a special and indelible day for myself? Yah I know people are gonna be like: who celebrates 18th birthday one sia? Not 21st meh?
But hey, life is unpredictable you know. How sure are you that you're gonna be able to live till you're 21? So might as well do whatever you like and make the best out of it, be it your 18th, 19th, or 20th birthday!

However, I genuinely regretted organising this party because I inadvertently hurt my love ones while doing so.

What was I even thinking? I felt so stressed out all because of 1 stupid birthday. I had to celebrate Christmas, my school's activities, friend's birthdays, and I had to spend on this and that. I had almost not enough to fork out for my entire birthday party, but I still insisted on wanting to have it. I did not even realise myself that I already made a few people unhappy with my own self-centered behavior until one of my good friends gave me a tongue-lashing and talked some sense into me. 

You know what am I still grateful for? My genuine good friends. They still continued to accept me for the way I am. I can never ever take for granted the friends I have around me. I thank God so much for placing such great people in my life.

This birthday celebration really taught me a lot.
You don't need to have a grand celebration at all. What matters most is having to celebrate it with your loved ones.
To stop being so self-centered, to improve on my own temper and anger management, to stop expecting the whole world to be obliging towards me, to be grateful for what I already have, stop taking things for granted, and learn to appreciate the little things in life.
Not only that, I also realised who was there when I needed help, who is going to be there when I need help, who I can really rely on, who I can really trust, who really, genuinely cares, and who I could really call my good friends. 

To these people, you know who you are. Firstly, I'm so sorry for my bad temper and shitty attitude. Secondly, Thank you so much for staying with me and sacrificing for me just to see me smile on my special day. Thank you for caring, for helping and lastly, for loving me. I thank God for you guys. I feel so grateful and blessed. :)


Okay let's start with the blogpost shall we!!!!!!!! The photos are in sequence according to the time and I'll write what happened behind each photo heheh! :D

Went to The Comb hair studio to get my hair done again! <3 Thank you, Angie for restoring my ugly roots and dyeing a new set of colour for me! <3 Oh, and helping me to perm my hair for my birthday party too!!!! ^__^
So i booked Studio M hotel and WAH pekchek sia. Already booked beforehand so obviously I expected a room reserved for me, then you know what happen? When I came, they say I'd have to wait, cuz the rooms are all not ready due to the fact that the previous day was very busy blahblah.

BRO, I booked beforehand already sia what shit is this man. There weren't even any form of compensation made too. I check in late, I still have to check out at 12pm the next day. Damn retarded zzzzz.
 So in the midst of waiting for my room, my friends and I all went to the cafe opposite called "The Book Cafe" to just sit and nua there. So I ordered this shibuya toast and it was okay lah not bad lor.
We waited for like I also don't know, 1 hour++ before we got our room.
This was my outfit for the day and the dress was bought by my friends heheheh!!! Thank you so much, you guys know what I like heheh! <3
My hair looks like sedusa from power puff girls leh LOL
This is her if you didn't know
Thank you stacey bae for taking the photos!!! <3
Studio M hotel!!!
Big bro's cock face HAHAHAHAHAH
JOKEEEEEE!!!!~
When I came back from my dinner with my family, this was what I saw. A bunch of retards playing card games.
And thank you mel and bf for helping to stick those balloons up!!!!! <3 Appreciate it so much!!!! >:
AHAHAHAH ASHLYN'S COCK FACE
What the shit zavier...
And then there's a few who're like stoning there.
Actually no lah, they were just waiting to go and eat hahah!
They are playing saboteur btw.
And then you know in every party, there would definitely be anti-social people like one here. Hi stacey baguilat. 
And then also in every party, there would be that 1 couple who is having their own private time alone. >:)
Finally we went out to have our late dinner. One of my friend, Crystal, her boyfriend drives so thank God some of us got to sit on his car HEHEH while the rest had to take a cab. There they are at the back behind us HAHAHAH AWWWWWW!!!!!! XD
If you guys followed me on snapchat, i'm pretty sure 90% you'd know who she is.
Yes, the legendary Jamie whom I always snapchat.
Can't see shit but it's a wefie of me, ashlyn and jamie!!!
Jamie LOL!
The not so glam side of me :')
Cockface98
Melissa's cock face HEHEHEHEHEH
I wanna share something sad with you guys. You must be wondering what kind of photo is this. Okay, you know what, I made my friends come eat steamboat with me but we had no clue which shops to go. I only know that I wanted to eat steamboat LOL! So we settled for this place. Then kns, they say each person must pay $22 for steamboat cuz it's somewhat like buffet but no bitch pls I just wanted a steamboat where we ordered how much we wanted!!!! T^T Plus we were already sitting and like all prepared to order and such, then bobian we decided not to leave. So I didn't eat and those we are not eating has to sit on one side. Thus, my photo.
Harnah harnah eat somemore lah eat eat eat
2 cock faces HAHAHAHAH
Came back from dinner and I have no clue what the heck is Jarran trying to do.
And then 12.00am, it was finally my birthday so....
HAPPY LEGAL BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!! XDXDXD <3 <3 <3
Thank you Dryan for buying the cake for me!!! :')
Photo with the bff!!! <3
Candid
I wasn't even ready LAH OMG I FORGOT WHO TOOK ALL THESE PHOTOS ZZZZZZ i think it must be either Dryan or Jarran, or both. 
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Cheers to 5 years of friendship with this bimbo :p
So fast forward, we bought a few alcohol bottles and if I remember correctly, I was the first one to sleep????? LOL!

Oh yah I think this is something quite embarrassing but i'm not afraid to share it out like who cares HAHAH guys, I actually snore when I sleep HAHAHAH! XD It's not like I can control one okie but I only snore OCCASIONALLY and one of that occasion happened to be on my birthday. :') All those who were present have seen the other side of me. T^T 
PAISEH LEH OMG LEGIT but it's fine cuz they're my friends heheh!

OH YAH and they freaking bastard when I was soundly asleep. Jarran was like semi-drunk and went ahead to "massage" my face and told my friends, "i'm massaging gillian's face." Then Jamie or Crystal noticed my eyebrows were fading so Crystal went ahead to draw my brows. Nevermind, she went to the extreme of giving me a mono-eyebrow. :') 
And everyone there just kept making fun of me and laughing non-stop. 
I only knew of this when I woke up TSK.
You guys all bastard I swear, what kind of friends ZZZZZZ. 

So yeah slowly slowly, everyone went to sleep. 

Next morning.....

Lepaking outside the hotel once we checked out LEL.
The one posing is Dryan (left), and the right with the face closest to the camera is Jarran. 
My poor cake.... Couldn't finish it but I forced it down my throat eventually. :') Appreciated okie!
BLAHBLAH then we cabbed home and I went over to Jamie's house where both Jamie and Dryan were like, dead.
Snapchat: @Gillianyoong
If you wanna follow me on snapchat HEHEHEH!`
So yup, then subsequently I went home to get ready for another celebration with someone heheh! :p <3
This was probably the most significant and indelible moment I had on my birthday.
I am really thankful for every single thing planned specially for me.
Thank you, Seah Wee Kang!!! >__<

Start off, we met for dinner and he treated me to this meal, along with 2 pints of beer!!! XD
Subsequently, I had to go home and he secretly planned this for me right outside my house, with the help of his friends and brother...... T^T It's actually quite big!!!!!! Thanks for all the effort really...
And a bouquet of flowers too!!!! T^T <3
The best gift of all.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i kenut stop laughing @ the cake's appearance heheh! XD
He baked this cake specially for me even though he had 0 experience in baking and even went to his brother's girlfriend house to bake because his house doesn't have a...
He wanted to make a rainbow cake for me but failed in some area HAHAH! Super cute!!!!!! :')
He knew I liked things given to me with lots of sincerity.
I once tweeted saying that baking a cake for me is the best gift ever in 2014, and this silly boy remembered and did so twice.




Some of you who have followed me on twitter or read my blog might have seen this before. Yes, this cake I had for my birthday last year was from him. And even after a year, he baked a new one for me.
No words can describe how extremely touched and appreciated I am really...
Thank you so much!!! :')))))
This is also one of the best gifts ever. 365 straw hearts he folded all by himself. It took him a really long time because he had to work every single day and he didn't have any experience in folding this too. The best part of this gift is he folded exactly 365 of them it's because he just wants me to be happy all year round..... TT^TT 
I don't know why he wrote to me in chinese too, must be testing my Chinese.
He knows my Chinese is shit that's why. ASSHOLE HAHAHAHAH! Anyway, I still can read okai.
English translation: It's been another year again. Legal 18th already. Can I wish for something? I wish that you can lead your life happily every single day. This box contains 365 hearts because I wish to see you leading your life happily throughout the year (365 days). :') Xiexie ni....
This letter he wrote to me is by far the first letter to make me cry, and when I say cry, I don't mean just teary-eyed or a few tears. I really cried my entire eyes. Made me realise so many, so many things. Thank you so much for secretly protecting and taking care of me for almost 3 years.
Thank you, for not giving up on me throughout all these time.
I'm thankful for you. :')

Thank you for making my 18th birthday a really blessed and happy one.
Many things cocked up while planning for my own birthday. I got super flustered, annoyed, paranoid, upset and unhappy. However, with him here, everything went smoothly.

I'm really, really, really blessed. After everything, you were still and always there to stand by me. Thank you for always trying your best to make me happy, you have been nothing but the best. :')
Life has been really great ever since I met you.
2016 has been really good to me so far, and I thank God for such a pretty start of 2016 too.
I'm grateful for every single thing that I have. ^__~

Presents
Wrap until macam inside got something illegal
Wow, it's a charles & keith wallet!!!!
Wallet from Jamie, Dryan and Ashlyn.
They got this wallet for me cuz 1stly, I love pink.
2ndly, they purposely chose this wallet for me because there's a chain attached to it (it's inside the wallet) so I can carry it on my shoulders and I don't have a reason anymore to ask them to help me hold my wallet.
BASTARD GUYS
SANDALS FROM JARRAN!!!!!!! XD
Okie the story behind this is because if you guys followed me on Snapchat, there was a period (December), where my shoes kept spoiling for like 6-7 times. :')
You guys have no idea how life sucked balls for me.
And I believe Jarran couldn't stand seeing me suffering so many times and thus, got me a pair of proper shoes HAHAH! XD
And so sweet of him to know my feet size too heheh! :p
I took half an hour to unwrap this beautiful wrapping by Jamie.
I swear to God you guys have no idea how small this bag is LEGIT.
It's damn mini I think she trying to troll me HAHAHAH!!!! Yah so I believed it was for my future daughter. :')
Had a friend I met not long ago who made this DIY card for me too. I am very, very sure this took a lot of time and effort. Thank you so much for the effort put in. :-) Really much appreciated!


Oh and he also got me a bouquet of flowers omg it is really quite big. Must be quite expensive.... Thank you.... :)
CONFIRM FROM JAMIE. Cuz I told Jamie before I freaking hate people last seen-ing me I swear. It's fucking annoying hahah. Then she made a pun with my name -____- BITCH HAHAHAH!


Then when I flipped to the back of the card, this was what I saw.

NEVERMIND LEH


When I opened the card, this was what I got.

THANK YOU GUYS, YOU GUYS ARE THE BESTEST FRIENDS EVER. <3
Oh then I saw another c&k box, I thought they got me another item from c&k :')
Turns out to be this.... How touching and sweet guys. I can never expect such lovely gifts! <3 <3 <3

Card from Vivian!!!! <3 This was a legit card though! :')
Birthday wishes from my cell group members!!!! <3
Cake from my cell group! <3
Another c&k present from my cell group members! <3 
My beloved cellgroup! W567 <3
Thank you for celebrating my birthday! I love you guys! ^__~
10 years with chc now, and I just wanna continue to thank God for allowing me to be a part of this beautiful congregation and family.
Yankee candle from Vivian too heheh!!! <3
Godsis brought me out to a hightea birthday treat at arteastiq! <3 

Super atas i kenut.... Thank you for the lunch treat jiejie!!!! XD
Naked 3 urban decay palette from my ex-photography squad:
Callsforstrangers.... :')
I know it's quite late to show my gratitude, and there's no point anymore.
I don't even know if any of you guys would ever see this. But even so, I just really want you guys to know that the days and times which I got to spend with all of you were one of the happiest moments I had in 2015.
I still remember you guys recruited me in because I ate a lot. WHAT EVEN HAHAHAH! I was shy and awkward, but you guys just kept instilling in me so much fun, joy and laughter. You guys made me have so much fun with all of you. It felt like a family, a warm-loving one. :-)
I was really happy and never did I even expect a birthday gift at all, never.
So, thank you so much every single one of you. I have been treasuring the palette up till today and kept the letter safely in my drawer.
Thank you callsforstrangers family. :-)
Thank you for all the messages written to me too. I really, really, really appreciate it. 
Leather strap from my younger bro HEHEH THANKS DOGGEH <3
I AM SO FREAKING SURE THIS IS DAMN EXPENSIVE. It's quite big in real life and it's a water crystal musical box. Omg I kenut even.... Thanks so much junjie!!!!! T^T 
AHHHHH MY FAVE HELLO KITTY!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3
Thank you, Jonathan!!!!! <3 XD
Thank you for drawing a portrait of me!!!!!!! I know it took a lot of time. Super appreciated really! :')
Jonathan drew a hello kitty for me too! Omg, super thankful. Thank you so so so much for all the effort you have put in!!!!! :')))
Next, I met up with my secondary senior whom just came back from Germany for his intern, to celebrate my belated bdae!!!! 
He treated me to a meal at brotzeit, a German restaurant!!!
A bit pricey.... Thank you SENPAI HAHAH! XD
All the gifts he got me from Europe!!!! <3
After that, we went to a pub/bar to drink and we ordered 1 tower. Almost died of too much water retention.
HAHAH MY MUM GOT THIS FOR ME CUZ I KEPT TELLING HER ROYCE MATCHA CHOCO VERY NICE HAHAHAHAHAH THANKS MAMA LOVE YA <3 
Heheheheh thank you Nora for the VS perfume!!!!! <3 <3 You de best le sashimi buddy!!! XD

Before I finally come to a closing to my blog post, I just wanna say thank you to each and every one of you who has done a part for my birthday. I really appreciate every single little thing. Thank you for all the wishes to me on all my social media platforms too, I genuinely appreciate it. 
This birthday makes me feel so truly blessed. I received more than I even expected.
This year has been good to me so far and I pray that it will continue to stay good throughout. 
I wish for everyone to be happy and healthy.

Until then, see you again and thank you for reading! <3

Adieux!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. awwwwwww i see weekang message my heart so warm! WHEN HE SO SWEET ONE? ASK HIM SWEETER TO ME LEH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAH WARM IZZIIITTT 😂😂😂 HEHEH DARREL TREAT U SWEET ENOUGH CAN LE LA 😏

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 18th birthday looks just outstanding. I am just in love with the photos. I also turned 16 in last month and my parents hosted a fabulous surprise party for me at my favorite rooftop event venue in LA. I just can’t express my happiness in words which I had on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome post presented by you..your writing style is fabulous and keep update with your blogs.
    Best event organisers in VISAKHAPATNAM
    Wedding Planners in Hyderabad
    Event Planners in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post looks very good, I like to read it.
    https://gadgetmaster.eu/

    ReplyDelete